Amma watering Kaivalya
Here she is...
This Guru Poornima was special as we three musketeers were in Mysore for our Viva and practical exams, but managed to attend the Satsang by Arun Madhavanji (Senior AOL teacher & former trustee of VVKI) at Mysore , Jagmohan Palace auditorium. It was blissfull and even Kishore da(One of the first AOL Teachers) had come along. Wow it was just a treat needed. But missed Guru Puja :(.
Now the amin thing. This day Kaivalya came to our family. Who is Kaivalya???
Kaivalya is my plant. Took her along from the satsang. She is the Laxmi Taru plant.
jeevanekkhoj.blogspot.com speaks of Laxmi taru...
With global warming a distinct reality, vanishing winters, failed monsoons, deforestation, large scale tree-felling making way to the massive malls and huge apartment complexes in India , Gurudev has asked people all over India to plant as many trees as possible. One such special tree is called Simarouba . Guruji calls this plant "Laxmi Taru".
A massive plantation drive is on in Pune and other parts of India to plant as many such trees and others bearing fruits and flowers . Pune has taken on an initative called "Green Pune", as part of the Mission Green Earth project, a 100 million tree plantation campaign.
Laxmi Taru is said to have the following benefits :
- This tree consumes highest amount of Carbon Dioxide and purifies the environment and can help in reducing the heat.
- It can grow on barren land and reduces or stops the soil erosion.It requires very little water to grow. India has 60 million hectares wasteland and this land can be used for growing this tree.
- Its seeds can give edible oil, non edible oil and diesel. The seeds have 60 to 75% oil as against 30 t0 35% in peanuts, soybean. One tree can give around 15 to 30 kg seeds and from that can get around 2.5 to 5 Lt oil and equal amount of oil cake which can be used for bakery items,vegetable oils,soaps,cosmetics,bio-diesel.
- It has medicinal value, can be used to treat malaria and diarrhea.
- The pulp of the seeds can be used for compost or drinking juice.
- The cover of the seeds can be used for making of card board.
- The wood of the tree can be used to make light furniture.